Centrax has been at the forefront of the Gas Turbine industry for over 65 years
2012: First Siemens 400 shipped.
2011: Gas Turbine Division Joint Venture with Bahrain-based company ASRY (Arab Shipbuilding and Repair Yard) to equip a Trent-powered multi-application Floating Power Platform.
2011: Gas Turbine Division agreement with Siemens to package the Siemens 300 and 400 for the UK, France, the Netherlands, Belgium and Italy.
2010: Gas Turbine Division agreement with Rolls-Royce to package the RB211 for Europe.
2010: Gas Turbine Division wins The Queen's Award for Enterprise.
2009: First Trent 60 shipped.
2007: Gas Turbine Division agreement with Rolls-Royce to package the industrial Trent 60.
2002: Centrax Turbine Components Limited is granted the Queen's Award for Enterprise - International Trade - for its excellent overseas sales performance.
2002: 200 Centrax generator sets sold worldwide.
2001: Ten million operating hours are achieved by Centrax generator sets worldwide.
2000: Launch of new model 2000 generator set with on-skid controls.
1996: Centrax celebrates its 50th anniversary.
1995: Allison Engine Company is bought by Rolls-Royce.
1994: Major culture change initiative based on cell working.
1993: Gas Turbine Division supplies 100th CX501 generator set. Major technology development for aerofoil machining.
1989: Gas Turbine Division CX501 generator sets reaches 1 million operating hours. Design and manufacture of 7-axis CNC aerofoil polishing machines.
1987: Development of in-house upset and extrusion process for compressor blade pre-forms.
1984: Becomes Allison Sole European Distributor.
1982: Commencement of manufacture and supply of complete turbine modules to Allison Engine Company.
1980: High Temperature Components Division is formed specialising in turbine aerofoils.
1979: Signed agreement with Allison Engine Company to package industrial engines into generator sets.
1962: The Gas Turbine Division is formed to market the CS-600 engine.
1960: Design and commencement of manufacture of the Centrax CS-600 stand-by engine.
1955: Relocation to Newton Abbot due to expansion and development of the Company's first industrial Gas Turbine.
1950: Major supplier of machined components to aero-engine companies in the UK and USA.
1946: Chairman Mr R H H Barr OBE and the late Mr G R White founded Centrax in Brentford, Middlesex, England.