Centrax Limited is a privately-owned company based in Newton Abbot, Devon in the South West of England.

The company was founded in 1946 by Richard H H Barr OBE and the late Geoffrey R White after both worked with Sir Frank Whittle in the Power Jets Design Team during the 1940's - pioneering the use of the gas turbine for use in aircraft propulsion.

Centrax comprises two manufacturing divisions - the Gas Turbine Division (GTD) and Turbine Components Limited (TCL), employing approximately 700 people including European depots.

The Gas Turbine Division supplies gas turbine-driven generator sets incorporating aeroderivative Rolls-Royce industrial turbines and some Siemens industrial turbines - in the range 3.9 to 66 MW, for the power generation/cogeneration, mid-merit and stand-by markets worldwide.

Turbine Components Limited is an approved supplier of high-quality machined components and assemblies to many of the major original equipment gas turbine engine manufacturing companies (OEM’s) worldwide, for civil and military aerospace and industrial gas turbines applications, as well as for military auxiliary power units.